January 15, 2009

Laptop Problems - A Fix to Share With You

A number of months ago I switched my internet service provider and things went great for a while. I was able to use the USB modem on my desktop at home and then move it to my laptop when I went out of town.

This was much better than my old internet service provider which I could only use on my desktop at home. After a month or so of use I got an error message that my username and password was incorrect when I tried to connect to the internet with my laptop.

I called support and they quickly got me going again. But then this problem began happening frequently and it didn't seem to matter if I was using the modem on my desktop computer or my laptop. Even more frustrating was that some support staff members knew how to reset my hung session and some didn't. One person told me that it was my firewall and told me I had to fix that first before she would even help me anymore.

I soon learned to call back to support and get a different person who knew how to reset the session. No matter how good the support personnel were this problem was eating up a lot of my time every few weeks. Then one day I was on the phone for over an hour with one support guy, who was really trying to help, but still did not get my internet service working. At this point my software associated with the USB modem was not current. He left me with having to get the most current version of the software installed to see if that solved my problem.

Kind of hard to do when you cannot get to the internet to download it. Since I was out of town I did not have access to my desktop computer to see if the modem worked on it. My plan was to just try it again from the desktop the next day when I got home. If it didn't work I would go to a friend's house and download the current version of the modem software.

Having some time on my hands, I then decided to clean my laptop of adware/spyware since it had been running slower for a few days and I knew that cleaning the adware/spyware would speed it up again. After I did this, I thought I would just try my internet connection one more time and low and behold it worked. Every since then, I try to clean my machine of adware/spyware more frequently, but definitely do it if I have a problem connecting to the internet. So, far this has solved my problem. I also run Norton 360, but still have to clean the spyware.

I know that adware-spyware can slow down my computer and cause other weird problems to occur but didn't really think about this being my problem with my internet connection. You may not be having this particular laptop problem but, if you are having some weird problem and don't know what is causing it, you might want to try scanning and cleaning your computer of these really annoying culprits.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jackie_Beem

0 comments:

Recent Posts

Expose Yourself

Get your own, original and unpublished article be viewed by numbers of viewers at Fresh Version with your name and photograph.
Send us the article with your photo to our e-mail: ssknetresearch@yahoo.co.in [The subject of e-mail should be 'My Article on FreshVersion']

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP